7.02.2009

How's Your New Year's Resolution Doing?

Six months of 2009 have come and gone! Can you believe it? This year is flying by faster than I can keep up with! How about you? Earlier in the year I did something that I had forgotten about and it crept up and hit me with the strength and speed of lightening. I wrote myself a note months ago re-capping what my goals for 2009 were and where I should be (or in proximity of) by July if I had been sticking to the plan. It was my friendly reminder from me, who knows me so well, and knew that reminder would not only be due but also very necessary! Not surprisingly I found myself feeling a little guilty, a little convicted, and a whole lot ineffective!

I must say however that 2009 has been more productive in comparison to previous years (esp, for a non-child bearing year)! I owe that greatly to the fact that I had some set goals and a plan to begin with! I've heard dozens of times that writing down your goals and expectations are the real key to success and not just in business but in life. I used to shrug my shoulders and say "eh, when I have time"...or "I don't even know what I want!" Sound familiar? As a mom it is easy for our very being to become distorted and discombobulated. We get so wrapped up in all the things we have to do for our kids, hubbies, homes, etc that our own goals get pushed back, left behind, or forgotten altogether.

If you are reading this and thinking to yourself "those new year's resolutions went out the door Jan 2nd" I want you to stop, regroup, and start over! Write down your goals for the next six months and then (if you are like me) write yourself a reminder and put it in your calendar a few months down the road.

For me, I think I will be a work in progress until the day the Lord calls me home! I recently read a quote by C.S. Lewis that I loved. "The longest way round is the shortest way home." For someone who always takes the long way round, this is a comforting statement!

There is hope for us head cases after all!

No comments: