6.12.2009

2nd to last post for Mommy Madness

So that's what I look like on the road!

*A post from mommymadnesshouston.com

I can't believe it has been 8 weeks! EIGHT WEEKS! It has flown by faster than I could have ever imagined! Tomorrow morning the family and I will be taking the long drive to Pearland to give back the Traverse :( and the even longer drive home without it. We strongly considered keeping it and still have not thrown that idea completely out the window, but truth be told we just were not and still are not in the market for a new car. We love the Traverse. We are a very active family and have so many memories from all of our trips big and small in it. Earlier this week, I drove my regular car (the minivan) for two days. I literally had driven my car only once in the past 8 weeks and I didn't want to go through the "cold turkey" shock of no Traverse once we handed it back. I have seen so many new Traverses out on the road (even 2 new ones for people I know at my church) and I can't help but feel a little bit envious.

I hope that all of you reading took advantage of the free massage being given away to every person who test drives the Traverse. Believe me the test drive and the massage are worth it! If you haven't, time is ticking and your window of opportunity is quickly closing! Go do a test drive! You won't be disappointed!

Now for my Thank You speech, part 1! *Part 2 will pretty much say the exact same thing, but be posted tomorrow with pics! ;)

I want to give a very BIG Thank You to GM and Strickland Chevrolet for entrusting me with one of your Traverses for 8 weeks...to what I wanted with...except of course leave the country! I want to commend GM for the purposeful (is that a word) thought put into the design and construction of the Traverse. It has been said before and I will say it again here, it is a well thought vehicle from the outer design to the many great interior features. Clearly a vehicle with the family in mind!

Need a re-cap, here ya go...

Top 10 features of the Traverse:

10. It fits in the garage!...well, not mine or Christine's, but for everyone else it does!

9. 4 overhead air vents in the 2nd and 3rd rows...in Houston, this is important!

8. Rear view cam w/beeping sound if you back up too close to something!

7. Blind spot mirrors

6. Fold flat 2nd and 3rd row seats...and it is so easy!

5. Sliding second row seats

4. Great gas economy

3. OnStar

2. 10 cup holders

1. It's not a minivan!

Plus, great gas economy, lots of storage space, and big tires giving it a higher ground clearance! OK so that is more than 10, but really the list goes on! Go see for yourself!

I also want to give a BIG thank you to CBS Radio! I cannot express how honored I feel to have been selected out of hundreds of mommy bloggers in Houston. My head is still spinning on that one! Thank you for putting this whole thing together. It is in a word brilliant! Mommy bloggers have become such an amazing voice in the world and I thank you for one "getting it" , and two for offering us this opportunity!

Thank you to the CBS Radio DJ's for continuing to support us over the radio...and thank you for putting me on the radio! That was so much fun!

Thank you the many readers and supporters we've had over the past 8 weeks and for the many comments and questions that assured us we were not talking to space! Thank you also to everyone who voted, and an even bigger thank you to those for voted for me!

Angie, Christine, Larami, and Stephanie it has been a blast sharing this experience with you! Thank you for your creative posts! You are all so inspiring and I am thankful that the world has moms like you in it! Thank you to the Dallas and Kansas City Moms Squads for your continued support! It has been so much fun reading your posts and antics! Great job ladies!

Lastly, I want to give thanks to my wonderfully tolerant and patient family who day in and day out dealt with me and my arsenal of digital cameras and video recorders! We took A LOT of pictures and video and spent countless hours editing and uploading them. Everyone was a good sport about the pictures and video and the kids were pretty good during editing hours...they didn't destroy the house too much! I am so proud of them and so thankful for them!

Tomorrow is the final post (for me anyway) and I invite anyone who has not taken a test drive yet to do so. Also if you have any remaining questions, send em' along!

No comments: